January 25, 2016
Summit Mortgage Corporation is excited to announce Joan Timm, known to many as Joni, has joined our underwriting leadership team. Most recently working as the head of underwriting for Alerus (formerly RMG), Joni brings a wealth of knowledge and over 30 years of mortgage expertise with her.
Led by Underwriting Manager Deb Stanius, Joni’s vast experience bolsters a team already known for exceptional service and communication. “We’re so, so happy to have Joni join us. We really value Summit’s small company feeling where our loan officers feel confident they can just pick up the phone and talk to one of our underwriters.” says Stanius. “They know us, we know them; it’s like a family. Adding Joni’s knowledge and willingness to help early in the transaction makes the service we can provide even better.”
A little more about Joni Timm:
- Over 30 years in the mortgage business, most recently as the head of underwriting at Alerus (formerly RMG).
- Vast experience in getting condo projects approved for all types of financing including HUD, VA & FNMA’s CPM.
- A key contributor of data leading to additional increases to FHA Statutory Loan Limits in Minnesota. (True to her personality, Joni insisted the credit for this statement be shared with Edina Realtor Sandal Hart as the two worked together to achieve this.)
- Specializes in helping originators structure their files early in the process leading to smooth closings even on complex scenarios and helping to clear files for purchase on the back end.
- Launched and ran the Minnesota Mortgage Association’s Underwriter Meetings from Jan 2011 – Dec 2014. She continues to be an active participant with the group.
- One of only a handful of people across the country invited by FHLMC to participate in the LP advisory board.
On behalf of everyone at Summit Mortgage, we are thrilled to welcome Joni to the family.
“I am a big fan of paperless files and was very impressed with the efficiency Summit has built with Byte. I’m also impressed by how long most people have been working at Summit; strong employee retention only occurs at the best companies. I am very excited to be here at Summit Mortgage!”
– Joan Timm